Page MenuHomeAleph Objects Inc

Incorrect Hex File for Mini in Cura LE Firmware
Closed, ResolvedPublic


In Cura 2.6.52, the Mini firmware upgrade causes the nozzle to print approximately 10mm above the print surface. I tried a couple of custom upgrades:

Marlin_Mini_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.44_198b138.hex did not fix the problem.

I installed a custom firmware upgrade using Mini_Single-or-Flexystruder-LBHexagon-v1.1.0.11.hex and that fixed the problem.

Event Timeline

johnson created this task.Nov 30 2017, 7:48 AM
johnson updated the task description. (Show Details)
alexei assigned this task to marcio.Nov 30 2017, 8:02 AM
alexei triaged this task as Normal priority.
alexei changed the edit policy from "Custom Policy" to "Cura LulzBot Edition (Project)".
alexei added a project: Marlin.
alexei added subscribers: marcio, alexei.

@marcio , could you please check what is going on here?

@johnson: Can you try something for me? Using the new firmware, open the print console and type "M502", hit enter, then type "M500" and hit enter. Then close the console and see if it makes a difference for you. Thank you.

With Marlin_Mini_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.44_198b138.hex installed, I ran the M502 and M500 commands. There was no effect.

Reinstalling Mini_Single-or-Flexystruder-LBHexagon-v1.1.0.11.hex fixed the problem.

I would also like to point out that we are updated to 2.6.54 and it seems to be working well. I tried to replicate the problem with this Cura LE and, while the nozzle was slightly higher with Marlin_Mini_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.44_198b138.hex, the head was not 10mm off of the bed.

With Mini_Single-or-Flexystruder-LBHexagon-v1.1.0.11.hex, the nozzle was at the proper height to the bed.

@johnson @Bobby4wd @TyTh Can all three of you replicate this issue?

I am unable to replicate this issue using Marlin_Mini_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.44_198b138.hex

I have tried multiple tests but everything prints like it should. This was on Cura 2.6.55 though, but using the custom hex file.

@johnson Can you work with @lansky to verify work flow? We have not seen this throughout the building using the same process

lansky added a comment.EditedDec 4 2017, 11:39 AM

I'll take a look at it, see if I can replicate the issue with @johnson he will be in tomorrow.

@lansky Any update on this one?

@karrad Looks like this is the same issue as this ticket:
We were unable to replicate the issue on any firmware after, so it does look to be resolved.

@lansky The Mini does not have a dual extruder, and the start gcode is contained within machine settings. It would affect any and all Mini single extruder profiles.

The only thing I can think at the moment, was an incorrect machine selected.

@johnson you mention a couple of custom upgrades, anything specific?

lansky added a comment.EditedDec 7 2017, 1:33 PM

@karrad Both of these tickets are Minis, I don't know what you mean by the dual extruder. In any case he was not able to reproduce the issue here. Might have been the Cura version, he would have been using 2.6.52 at home.

karrad added a comment.Dec 7 2017, 2:54 PM

@lansky Gah, sorry got tickets crossed.

@johnson Try to clear you cache at home, and see if the issue duplicates. You could be pulling from the Cura2 files (if you had earlier beta on there) instead of the cura-lulzbot files. Clearing cache should eliminate that.

@karrad This is my home computer running Windows 8.1. On Cura 2.6.52 at home I am able to replicate the problem. I cannot replicate the problem here at work. When I tried to replicate the problem at work, we were on 2.6.54.

marcio closed this task as Resolved.Dec 15 2017, 8:01 AM

Closing this since it appears to be a manifestation of the start GCODE error that has been corrected in Cura 2.6.60, which will be released shortly.

A pre-release version of Cura can be obtained here:
Please try at least 2.6.60, thank you.