Page MenuHomeAleph Objects Inc

Loose fasteners on y-axis
Closed, ResolvedPublic


One of the machines in cluster had loose fasteners on the bed plate which was probably what was causing that machine to skip steps on the y axis.

Event Timeline

kent created this task.Dec 19 2017, 7:38 AM
tutley added subscribers: EricNugent, west.EditedDec 19 2017, 8:23 AM

@kent I inspected 3 of the hibiscus machines in cluster. @EricNugent mentioned he had seen the majority of these issues before they even ran any of them, however they have been informed not to work on these machines.
L3: z and x belts looser than they should be, the toolhead's thermistor was messed up causing thermal runaways (@west fixed it) and as you mentioned all the fasteners on the y plate were loose. I ran a print overnight and it still shows some resonance. The x carriage bushings have excessive slop which is likely the cause for the resonance. We are going to tighten up all bushing parts and plan on using some oil to install bushings so the o rings don't get messed up.
L5: x and z belts were a bit loose. x carriage a bit sloppy
L6: the toolheads 5V heatsink fan was not running and it got clogged with ABS (@west fixed this also). All belts x y and z were pretty loose. And the y plate fasteners were a bit loose on this machine as well however not as bad as L3. This machine was missing the x belt tensioner post and also has a pretty sloppy x carriage as well.

Another thing is @west noticed that all these toolheads have an outdated blower shroud. There is a new revision that improves bridging so that there aren't stringers affecting the airflow.

I installed the driver cooling shroud on L3 and kicked off another print. It is still throwing some driver overtemp warnings, so we will need to try a different design or something to cool the drivers better, especially for cluster

logan added a subscriber: logan.Dec 19 2017, 8:34 AM

@tutley As far as the blower shrouds are concerned, at the time those machines were moved to cluster we were not aware of the change made to the blower shroud nearly a month prior, nor had cluster been aware of them to begin printing them.
We need to resolve T1543 before we rework those tool heads so we don't have to rework them for another change.

west added a comment.Dec 19 2017, 8:36 AM

@logan it has been resolved "@tutley and I have been routing the zero sense wire through the 5th fin on the heatsink with the new shroud design"

logan added a comment.Dec 19 2017, 8:39 AM

@west If that's the decided path going forward, please mark T1543 as resolved. Thank you

As far as I am aware, parts have been delivered within a day or two of the request. There should be a bag in MER of the most recent slice the blower shroud for those who needed it.

logan added a comment.Dec 19 2017, 9:43 AM

@EricNugent Yes we have those now, but last time the Mini2's were reworked we didn't. No complaints towards cluster's end of things; not your fault. Thank you for your help in getting these parts.

west added a comment.Dec 20 2017, 10:05 AM

@logan blower shrouds are under kents desk

logan closed this task as Resolved.Dec 20 2017, 12:28 PM
logan triaged this task as Normal priority.
alexei edited projects, added Ohai-kit; removed OHAI-content.Jan 12 2018, 8:14 AM
logan moved this task from Manufacturing Implementation to OHAI Content on the Mini-Hibiscus board.