Page MenuHomeAleph Objects Inc

PID tuning incorrect
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I dont think there was a PID tuning done with the angelfish and finch toolheads. I ran a couple on my desk printer and got P15.02 I0.86 D65.21. It seems to work well. Prior to this all testing in R&D was with old PID settings but for some reason we are now seeing failure outside of R&D. Can we add these new PID values to the FW?

Event Timeline

west created this task.Jan 2 2018, 7:54 AM
west updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 3 2018, 4:40 PM
west added a comment.Jan 4 2018, 4:26 PM

with the new PID

karrad triaged this task as Normal priority.
marcio added a comment.Jan 5 2018, 8:27 AM

@west: The current FW has indeed been tuned for these toolheads:

#if defined(LULZBOT_E3D_Titan_Aero)
    // LulzBot V6 block with E3D Titan Aero
    #define LULZBOT_DEFAULT_Kp 19.83
    #define LULZBOT_DEFAULT_Ki  1.53
    #define LULZBOT_DEFAULT_Kd 64.16
#endif /* LULZBOT_E3D_Titan_Aero */

The values don't appear to be that different from the one's your provided, but I can certainly update them to be the ones you found.

marcio closed this task as Resolved.Jan 5 2018, 8:37 AM

Marlin .70 will have the new values.

alexei changed the edit policy from "Custom Policy" to "Marlin (Project)".Jun 18 2018, 12:07 PM