Page MenuHomeAleph Objects Inc

Aerostruder v2 Mount Adapter Product Proposal
Closed, ResolvedPublic


Need a product proposal for adapters that can mount Achemon, Banded, and Dingy to TAZ 5, 6, and Mini 1.

Event Timeline

adam created this task.Jul 17 2018, 3:33 PM
adam triaged this task as Normal priority.
adam created this object with edit policy "LulzBot Hardware Products (Project)".

@benmalouf @kenhara @eBeardslee @Megan @kent @lansky @jessica @Steven @karrad @nickp @DaniAO @tutley @west @anolen
I have created a product proposal for the Aerostruder v2 Adapters and shared it with you all on owncloud. Since this is more involved than our replacement retail parts I thought it justified a product proposal of it's own. Please take a quick look through it and respond with your approval to move forward as is or what you think needs updated. If I can get everyone's affirmative here we can just roll straight into formalizing the R&D and starting testing.

@adam looks good to me!

karrad added a comment.Aug 1 2018, 2:53 PM

@adam I believe we should add another section to risk.

The additional profile development for the previous machines may add time to the release, and may also delay profile development for other machines. (Thinking Quiver) @anolen What are your thoughts on the timeline for profile development considering other projects?

We have not done this in the past, but if possible I would like to set a priority for this project in relation to other ongoing projects.

anolen added a comment.Aug 1 2018, 3:13 PM
This comment was removed by anolen.
anolen added a comment.Aug 1 2018, 3:15 PM

@karrad Profiles for the Dingy and Banded will take a couple week minimum for roughly 4 or 5 materials. I will be getting access to my other shelves and power for them, this will speed up results.

@adam Do we have an established 'available for purchase' date for the Aerostruder Micro? And do we know what stock levels we are aiming for upon release? The release of the adapter will be dependent on that release date. Also, I do foresee this strategy hindering sales of the AMicro out of the gate which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Good in a sense that we can build hype of both the Mini 2 & Aerostruder Micro while allowing production to get adequate inventory levels. Bad in a sense that sales will be slower to start.

kent added a comment.Aug 2 2018, 9:50 AM

I approve of this proposal.

adam added a comment.Aug 2 2018, 10:15 AM

@eBeardslee currently we have 150 achemon parts coming in this month and another 300 to follow. Right now the available to purchase date is 9/6/2018, but that is not 100% set in stone yet.

Megan added a comment.Aug 2 2018, 11:10 AM

I agree and approve overall, but also see where @eBeardslee is coming from with the two sides to the delayed release of this product and effect on the tool head sales.

My instinct is to go for the tool head release; then, release the adapters when we are able but not to delay/hold for them. A lagged adapter release will build anticipation for others while marketing build lead lists for sales follow up and close later.

Recent releases have proven the value of building anticipation (e.g. v3 dual, Mini 2). Plus, macro lens shots of these prints will make people want one -- the prints are insane.

My understanding of our focus is that we need to increase sales as quickly as possible, with a particular eye on 2018 year-end figures needing to be higher than 2017. Converting these parts back into cash sooner will be beneficial, too.

Overall this proposal looks good to me

karrad added a comment.Aug 6 2018, 1:54 PM

Getting my thumbs up logged for the record

DaniAO added a comment.Aug 7 2018, 7:34 AM

looks good to me

Official "Looks good"

Looks good to me

Looks on point to me. Only thing I would change is the language relating to why we changed the mounting system. It's an improvement in stability and repeatability over the old system, IMO. Not correcting a "design flaw."

adam added a comment.Aug 7 2018, 10:43 AM

@benmalouf I have updated the verbiage from design flaw to your suggestion.

adam closed this task as Resolved.Aug 14 2018, 2:13 PM

I believe I have everyone's sign off except @Steven - I'm going to close as resolved and start making tickets to move this forward.