When switching colors on a non-merged, single model using the V3 Dual Extruder, it would be nice to have a feature where the tool head can pause and switch to a different extruder.
When I first saw this title, the first thing that popped into my head was having 2 new reels loaded, printing the first half of the model with one reel, and switching over to the E2 before E1 runs out.
TAZ 6: use a slicer based gcode switch from E1 to E2 when printing parts that require two spools worth of material. Some materials are only available in small 750 gram quantities. We know which ones and can account for that if the user knows to start with full reels as the baseline.
The slicer knows required filament weight for object completion if large 3 reel builds are attempted. It could trigger a reel 2 to reel 3 pause based on a conservative change filament weight/length reserve.
TAZ 7: use the same thing, and on large builds that require 3 spools of material, the second reel would use the filament runout sensor to trigger the prompt to change all reels.
@Orias okay, sounds like it we would need:
- input for each extruder
- an input box on how much weight or length you wanted to print before switching (partially empty reels)
- temperature change for before and after switch
- modification to insert tool head switch at specified E length
- heat and prime second tool head
- retract and relative Z move up
- park location while heating
- prime tower enabled (or purge location)
thoughts? My only concern is how to handle priming T1