We need a list of the next filaments to develope profiles for. We cannot define Bio timeline and materials until this is determined.
- nGen - Military buys a lot of this. Second most bought filament on the website.
- Tough PLA - Competitive move. Allows us to offer near ABS durability with a material that works well with support materials.
- Virtual foundry or alternative sintering material - Metal is a huge market
- ASA - Competitive move. Great UV resistance.
- Polypropylene - Competitive move.
- Glass Filled PA - Automotive is biggest user of FFF. Strength and heat resistance desired.
- Polyflex - Need something around 95A
- High Temp Support material - we do not currently have anything to work as support with our higher temp materials, should also have wider material selection that it adheres WELL to
- ASA - UV resistance would be new to us, and open doors for outdoor focused industry
- PolyCast - ensure it is available and fine tuned for both printers out of the box (for HS Tool Head as well)
- Glass filled PA
- carbon-filled PETg - oil and gasoline resistance for automotive
- FibreTough - for medical and bio applications (SL and HS Tool Head as well as standard tool heads)
- Fire resistance/retardant filament - for aerospace application
- ESD filaments - electronics applications
- Polypropylene - is it possible to print or modify the Pro or Workhorse to have the ability to print this?
- Ultem - is it possible to print or modify the Pro or Workhorse to have the ability to print this?
This is assuming that all completed profiles for the TAZ Pro will also be available for the Workhorse.
@Megan Thank you for the input! Ultem is something we are looking into for future machines, it may be something we can make backwards compatible but it is aways out.
Current list of redgum profiles expected for release can be found here: T6020 we are going to add Polyflex as well with Verbatim be discontinued.
Here is a tentative list of material priorities by Type:
PET(PETG and PETT)
TPU (TEP and TPC)
Conductive Materials (ESD)
METALFILL (sinterable *not* cosmetic)
Any edits or thoughts anyone would like to add/remove?