Page MenuHomeAleph Objects Inc

Cura Crashing when Launching from Terminal
Closed, ResolvedPublic


Started by updating local build, then when I tried to launch cura using "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${HOME}/Projects/cura/build-master/build/inst/lib ./cura-lulzbot" the cura start screen popped up as usual and started loading, the user agreement page loaded an outline with a loading circle going and then after a few seconds, the start screen and user agreement disappeared and nothing had opened. I tried updating the local build and launching 2 more times with the same outcome.

Then I did a full "initial" rebuild following the directions in step 4 of the Cura LE Local Build Directions wiki. I again tried to launch cura with the same outcome.

I tried clearing my cache with "rm -rf ~/.cache/cura-lulzbot ~/.config/cura-lulzbot ~/.local/share/cura-lulzbot" in the terminal and relaunching cura and still the same thing happened. It looks like it's loading and then all of the sudden it's gone. The terminal supplied no error messages.

Event Timeline

hanna created this task.May 14 2019, 4:02 PM
alexei triaged this task as Normal priority.May 15 2019, 7:17 AM
alexei changed the edit policy from "All Users" to "Restricted Project (Project)".
karrad raised the priority of this task from Normal to High.May 15 2019, 10:30 AM

I was able to test and verify this morning, it is happening for me on Lyrebird

I cleared cache, deleted repo, fresh clone from master, and a fresh build. No errors in the terminal

We did not see this behavior in 3.6.9 and may be related to this recent commit to master:

karrad moved this task from Restricted Project Column to Restricted Project Column on the Restricted Project board.May 15 2019, 10:31 AM

I was able to verify this happening as well.
Last night I cleared my cache, and did a full new fresh build. No terminal errors:

copying /home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/inst/lib/qml/Qt/labs/calendar/plugins.qmltypes -> dist/qt/qml/Qt/labs/calendar/plugins.qmltypes
copying /home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/inst/lib/qml/Qt/labs/calendar/WeekNumberColumn.qml -> dist/qt/qml/Qt/labs/calendar/WeekNumberColumn.qml
copying /home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/inst/lib/qml/Qt/labs/calendar/qmldir -> dist/qt/qml/Qt/labs/calendar/qmldir
---> Generating Version File :/home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/inst/bin/python3.5;/home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/scripts/;3.6.10;/home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build;/home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/dist
[100%] Built target build_app
Run CPack packaging tool...
CPack: Create package using DEB
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Install directory: /home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/dist
CPack: Create package
CPack: - package: /home/aleph/Projects/cura/build-master/build/cura-lulzbot-3.6.10-Linux.deb generated.

I emptied my "dist" folder and rebuilt after we reverted, it opened and is working for me now.

@victor_larchenko Looks like this one was introduced with the T7188 commits

alexei closed this task as Resolved.May 15 2019, 12:26 PM