Let me know how it goes, Thank you!
There's a few things I tweaked throughout the day to get the print coming out much better. The main ones are related to temperature and cooling
First I increased the fan speed to 100% for min and max and enabled it at layer 2.
Also increased the minimum layer time to 30 seconds
Lowered the bed and hot end temperatures a bit more down to 210, 55 for the first layer and 200, 45 for the remainder of the print
For travel I also turned that on to all. I then added the max comb distance as 30 so that longer moves would still benefit from retractions.
I also enabled the optimize wall printing order and optimize infill settings. Also whenever I enable optimize wall printing order I also disable the outer wall wipe distance because it basically becomes unnecessary with optimize walls enabled.
I have been running a bunch of test prints with the profiles listed here as well as using the default profiles available in 3.6.9. None of them came out perfect but thus far the closest to what I would expect was actually the default profiles from 3.6.9. Photo examples of each of my test prints is below.
Angie's Standard Detail Profile Printed using E1:
Angie's Standard Detail Profile Printed using E2:
Angie's High Speed Profile Printed using E1:
Angie's High Speed Profile Printed using E2:
Zack's Adjusted Standard Profile using E1:
Zack's Adjusted Standard Profile using E2:
3.6.9 Default High Speed (Polylite) E2:
3.6.9 Default High Speed on E1 (Polylite) High Detail on E2:
On the gray cubes the left is angie's profile and the right is zach's. The gray and green model is zach's profile. One thing I'm seeing across all three models is the lower layers appear 'shrunken' and seems to clear up decently at 5mm and completely at 10mm. The gray and green model really shows this weird occurrence of shrunken lower layers.
So I'm using 3.6.8... What I found is that Cura seems to be importing profiles incorrectly. I opened Zach's profile in a word doc and his bed temp adjustments coincide with his commented changes but when I import into Cura the initial layer bed temp is 90c and the printing bed temp is 80c
@karrad, I wonder if this is what I saw when I mentioned the thing about 80C in our recent e-mail exchange. I also see @eBeardslee correction comment. Don't know, just seemed odd to see this about 80C when that's what we were talking about. I'll look again tonight; maybe I too was on the "No Material" one and incorrectly noted.
new tests with 188.8.131.52 with Cura 3.6.11 on Pro Beta using standard production fan shroud:
PLA, high speed profile, no changes other than spiralize. Note bottom layers
PLA, standard profile, spiralize, 0.25 layer. Note bottom layers
PLA, standard profile, spiralize & smooth, 0.25 layer. Build plate initial layer temp dropped to 60C, then 45C thereafter; fan 100%. Very clean bottom layers
This is the best print I've seen with PLA!
Test on Extruder 2 using 184.108.40.206 with Cura 3.6.11 on Pro Beta using standard production fan shroud. PLA, standard profile, spiralize & smooth, 0.25 layer. Build plate initial layer temp dropped to 60C, then 45C thereafter; fan 100%. Very clean bottom layers. Equally good results!