- User Since
- Jun 9 2015, 12:39 PM (182 w, 6 d)
Fri, Dec 7
@west yes a drawing would be good so we have a clear document to give to the supplier rather than relying on text in an email or part description.
Thu, Dec 6
@kent I think we should keep the one for filament sensor so it could be easily relocated if needed. Since that stops the possibility of removing that part from the BoM I think we should use them on the filament spools arms too. I've at least a few times loosened the filament spool arm too much and then had to fish the slide-in T-nut back up the extrusion.
Tue, Dec 4
Can we please get @mjpelletier eyes on this to get feedback before we close this out?
Supply chain confirmed with the supplier that they will be able to supply the actuators with the custom cable lengths. Closing this ticket out and created a new ticket to modify the part in the BoM and drawings T4818.
Ah that is right, @kent this was in case someone needed to mount their filament above they could more easily relocate the sensor to another part of the frame.
Mon, Dec 3
The changes required are completed correctly.
It would be good to confirm the total amount of the slot t-nut as there may be an extra in that count.
Fri, Nov 30
Thu, Nov 29
This is done and merged into master. Closing and deleting the branch.
Wed, Nov 28
We confirmed that the failure was caused by the pin in the JST connector that connects to the E2 stepper motor. The wires were cut and re-pinned, fixing the issue. These were originally hand cut and crimped for the prototypes so it could have been a bad crimp. Going to merge this into T4510 in case the issue reappears.
Correction, looks like the actual error is:
< [12:51:12] E1 driver error detected:
< [12:51:12] short to ground (coil B)
@west do the out of the box terminations end in the flat kapton cable or are they terminated to insulated wire then the connector? If only the kapton cable, I'm assuming we would need to still terminate to insulated wire to make the bend towards the back of the tool head to connect to the interface board.
@kent this part looks good. If you want to see a printed version on a machine I have one at my desk.
ok, @kent this is ready for you review
The changes look good to me. FYI I did change the BOM to csv in that branch for easier merging with master once reviewed by @kent
This looks to be done so closing out. T4725 is tracking the actual testing.
@oliver that is more aligned with SPC. This ticket is for user testing which will be things more like testing the LCD interface, auto leveling sequence, and auto tool head offset setup.
This is merged into master, closing and deleting the branch
@tutley can you please work with @DaniAO to define a user testing check sheet and propose a system and schedule of testing for Alpha units? It would be best to have this in place before any Alphas are given out, likely by 2018/12/03.
@logan are the built in supports easier to remove than the generated support from Cura? If so, why not modify the height of the built in support for the layer height desired?
This is merged, closing out and deleting the branch.
Tue, Nov 27
@kent the new changes look good AFAICT. This will be a messy merge to master so if you're good with the changes currently in the branch this one may be a good one to step through the merge process together.
@west on EL-HR0160 and EL-HR0161, shouldn't the EL-WR0155 have been changed to a stranded wire?
The changes made the zip tie much easier to insert. @kent need review from you before merging.
thanks, this is now merged to master.
This was merged in and forgot to close.
@kent this change looks good. We also checked and confirmed E1 and E2 is used throughout the other drawings. Just need review from you then this can be merged.
@logan do we have any of these in the building that have been tested? I know it was discussed but I'm not sure any ever made it on to the prototype machines. If we don't have any we should order a few to test before we get to Beta.
@kent I've changed the part numbers in the BoM and confirmed the changes in the drawing match. This likely just needs a quick look over and then I can merge in.
@kent I'm printing this change out now. I'll bring the print down for you to check if it works.
@DaniAO yes, if only just to keep the practice of no commit direct to the master branch.
Mon, Nov 26
Wed, Nov 21
@jessica I think part of the discussion is that even with the current plugs being used we sometimes still see threads with paint in it. I've removed the release for PP-MP0216 for now until we can have discussion with Weiser on if there are better masking options.