- User Since
- Jun 9 2015, 3:23 PM (162 w, 5 d)
Thu, Jul 19
My two cents would be getting votes on these digitally, then holding a meeting if there are significant gaps that need to be resolved.
Fri, Jul 6
Jun 12 2018
@marcio I don't have a full tree of the decisions/prompts/actions when going through a Change Filament sequence, but I just tested this now and am thinking that maybe extending the amount of time before the temperature starts dropping, i.e. lengthening the amount of time for the user to load the new filament. Anyway, between the video and emailing for more clarity and both of us looking at it, it's still not clear the request so I think it'd be okay to reject/close this ticket out.
Jun 11 2018
I don't know enough about this to know the exact answers to these questions. @reprapperMC has the final call on this.
Jun 8 2018
@marcio Just spoke with the customer and he requested putting 50% more time to load filament.
May 1 2018
@karrad Looks good to me!* With the default Z-offset changing from Gladiola to Hibiscus, I think this is a good change that will benefit users.
Apr 30 2018
I wonder if we just focus on instructing to -- and how to -- record the numbers here, and then separately/elsewhere provide instructions on how to update these numbers later?
@karrad These requests are different. Using OpenSCAD v 2015.03 for both:
Apr 28 2018
@karrad Five (5) more successful prints out of one USB port. I'm focusing on the other USB ports separately with IT.
Interestingly, did see another print fail in the manner described above, here's the terminal from that print:
@karrad FYI I have the machine back and am testing USB serial printing. One successful print already and another well underway, so this issue is not replicating so far.
Apr 19 2018
@karrad Interesting okay! I don't remember exactly which port was used, however I think these four prints were all from the same USB port. I'll need to test this again when I get the hardware back, and I will pay more specific attention to which USB port.
Apr 18 2018
@karrad Yessir! By the way, the SD card print was successful using the g-code I linked earlier.
@karrad Updated the initial ticket with the STL and clarifying the connection type was USB Serial.
Apr 16 2018
@karrad Perhaps there's a ticket here that would suggest moving that section of the Monitor Screen down to the bottom, so it's above the Status bar.
@karrad Ah yep sorry, forgot about that!
@karrad I wonder if it's worth putting something there on the screen in Cura about running M115? This would require explaining and might cause more confusion.
Apr 5 2018
This all makes sense to me. Okay, so re-visiting filament tiers (currently structured as "Ease of Use") sounds like it should be a separate ticket, created here in a code ticket, and assigned to someone. My first instinct would be to assign it to @glatti, who would complete with guidance from @benmalouf.
Apr 4 2018
I like this solution, nice @mcoronado!
Mar 30 2018
@karrad I just updated my laptop, which automatically updated to 3.2.15. I see both Polyflex (Polymaker) and NinjaFlex (NinjaTek).
@karrad Interesting, but subtle compared to the standard warning that I'm familiar with, for example:
Mar 28 2018
One more that's currently capitalized that might need to be changed to lower case:
Mar 27 2018
@karrad Still rockin' 3.2.13 on my workstation
Works for me, using whichever is our standard term for gcode (e.g. G-Code, g-code, gcode)
Tagging @glatti in case he has feedback on this. I think this is straight to the point, like the other notifications that are in-place at this time.
Some context on how this came about:
Under Preferences > Configure Cura > General > Opening and saving files > I checked "Scale large models"
Found a possibly relevant setting under Preferences > Configure Cura:
Mar 26 2018
@karrad Hi FYI I still have 3.2.13 on my machine but will test this when I'm updated to 3.2.14
Mar 22 2018
My instinct/first thought would be:
@karrad Sure thing, model attached here-
Mar 21 2018
Mar 20 2018
@karrad I am running Cura LE 3.2.13 on Debian Stretch, testing done today (Tues. Mar. 20).
We have standardized on sturdy black metal frames with LulzBot green accents. I believe this has served us well, balancing the duality of the brand's functionality and personality. Over the years in some situations, we have accepted a more challenging QC specification on certain parts to meet other goals we have for our products (in terms of visual identity, usability, etc.) and this will always be the case on some level. There are always trade-offs.
Mar 9 2018
Re: Ribbon Cables
Re: Ribbon Cables
Feb 22 2018
Feb 19 2018
@karrad I agree with @alexei, using the Free Software license as End User License Agreement (EULA) seems appropriate to me. I am not sure whether we are using AGPL or LGPL for v3.2, or when they applied that switch upstream. IMO, the final call on this one to @Steven, including if he wants to get another third party to weigh in on this.
Feb 12 2018
Feb 1 2018
Jan 19 2018
Dec 13 2017
Okay thanks all! In terms of other options, just throwing ideas out there (though I do not believe they are needed at this time), we could:
@karrad I'd like to leave this ticket open for the time being. One additional piece of work on this is a new video that will be published shortly online.