- User Since
- Jun 9 2015, 10:48 PM (162 w, 4 d)
Fri, Jul 20
aye, I have never seen an instance where the checksum was able to detect a failed flash in a way that could not be determined another way, such as looking at the LCD screen on powerup.
Thu, Jul 19
@caguilar Agreed. These are so similar to the standard tool heads that I dont think there is much to be gained by having MER build them.
Tue, Jul 17
Mon, Jul 16
Tue, Jul 10
@oliver ok this will be a good opportunity to train you then!
@oliver do you know how to edit the BOM for this part?
These look good, they can be found here: https://ohai.lulzbot.com/group/hot-end-tool-head-assembly/
Mon, Jul 9
@mjpelletier Ok thanks. We will create assembly instructions from your procedure writeup and get these going. Are you planning to rev the gerbers and get those assembled by the OEM?
I was just looking over some support data and 7 issues with mini 2 we have been contacted about was due to difficulty removing filament, in a very similar way to what we were seeing with these machines back in December.
@nickp Do we have a part number or a BOM for this kit yet? If so, please share.
Fri, Jul 6
@karrad I tested the feature that was changed, but have not gone any further than that.
Thu, Jul 5
Tue, Jul 3
@EricNugent when you have time, please slice and print the updated .stl to determine if it helps with this artifact.
Mon, Jul 2
I just talked with @david.hall and we decided that for parts that there are two of, such as z-lowers, z-uppers, and x-ends, we need to make sure they are consistent across a single machine. For parts that there is only one of, we can be more lenient on parts that are more specular and less diffuse.
A visual guide to adjust the over-tightened x-axis issue
We got a machine back which had been refused because damaged packaging by the carrier, which is like a real-world drop tested printer.
Mon, Jun 25
Here is the line for the filament timeout, in case we want to make an adjustment there. It's at 45 seconds now. I think even something long like 5 minutes would be ok. https://code.alephobjects.com/diffusion/MARLIN/browse/devel/Marlin/Configuration_adv.h$934
This seems to address the issue where you need to click "extrude more" a few times before any filament comes out which is nice. It looks like you have about 30 seconds to load more filament before it starts dropping temp, so that's still the same. Maybe there is a way that we can raise that up to a minute or two.
Jun 22 2018
Jun 21 2018
Jun 20 2018
@west which .stl and what color and material?
@west which .stl is this and what color and material?
@EricNugent let's go ahead and get these checked for strength and insert pullout asap.
The part number for this is AS-pR0113
Jun 18 2018
I have noticed this too. Usually, you have to click the "extrude more" option several times before it actually comes out.
It still happens from time to time. On a scale of 1-10 of severity, I would consider it a 3, as it is annoying, but not preventing the printer from working entirely. We can close this ticket, and open it back up later if it crops up again.
Yes, we are seeing issues with this in production. There are 4 reports of it here: https://code.alephobjects.com/T2507
Step 5 has been updated here https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/dual-extruder-v3/hot-end-tool-head-assembly/ and we have a new slice here 3bca7f459277 these two things are helping reduce NC tags. Closing.
We are in production now, closing this one.
I think we need to build another one.
Jun 15 2018
Ok, my concern is that with the screw adjusted all the way, we are only just barely reaching the beginning of the range that we want to be able to adjust through.
Ok I update with the feedback here. Check it out and let me know what you think @benmalouf I gave it a shot at making some of the unclear parts clearer. I'll need to take a picture of another tool head when I have it apart to get the shot from the side with arrows for the direction to pull.
Jun 14 2018
@EricNugent ok thanks.
you mean toolhead I think, not board.
The heater is what is getting too hot, not the board, correct @EricNugent?
Looking at the model, it appears as though the m3x12's have to be fully bottomed out in order to position the rods in the neutral position. @tutley @Steven is this the design intent? It doesn't seem like there is any adjustment which defeats the purpose AFAIK.
@EricNugent cool can you print a few and lmk when they are finished?
@lansky cool, I have one up now: https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/mini-2-aerostruder-hotend-replacement/drafts/
Ok, the OHAI for this is up, currently in drafts. https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/mini-2-aerostruder-hotend-replacement/drafts/
yep we are good.
Jun 13 2018
With the own document having served its purpose and with the spec sheet well underway, I am merging this ticket into the other related ticket. We can open it back up if need be.
Closing this out because the issue was tracked down to a bug in backlash compensation code and we are no longer using backlash compensation code.
The part that is in testing here seems to make a positive difference. On the machine I have it installed, the belt is riding right in the middle of the idler. https://code.alephobjects.com/rMINIHIB81b45cbab499ca27e38dd445253e3fe64be0885a
That will work. Thanks.