- User Since
- Mar 19 2018, 3:06 PM (69 w, 3 d)
Wed, Jul 17
I don't think so I made the adjustment and sent them off to toolheads so we should be good
Mon, Jul 15
@adam when you have this sorted on the BoM lets us know and we can deal with the route needs. In the future...tagging inventory into this isn't the best way to handle routing since we do not deal with manufacturing issues....just the parts and there resting places
May 14 2019
Aug 9 2018
May 7 2018
Kent and I have discussed this as these will be for an employee to help with dexterity. Please come and talk with me so i can give you more info on this.
May 3 2018
@kent Hello, this is the list of parts that we will need jigs for as per our earlier conversation:
@kent Another thing to note, all left side z-ends were built without using the clearance gauge to confirm that the wires would pass along the inside of the frame without rubbing. Two things, the OHAI does not call out this gauge and the one we do have does not fit very well. We may need to add the gauge step back into the OHAI and revisit the gauge to ensure that it properly fits onto the part.
@kent @tutley I am not completely convinced that this (frame bowing) is totally the problem. Though we have found some extreme cases, some of the issue is how the cables for the extruder cable are being affixed to the left z-end. I have talked with one of the z-end builders and the frame assembler about this going forward. Wolff (frames) will be looking at this aspect burring the build process. We may want to include this inspection step on the OHAI kit for final frame assembly going forward. As I find more info on this i will be sure to report it here.
May 1 2018
Apr 17 2018
@kent I agree, these images do clearly show that the nyloc nut is being allowed to spin on the part. I can use these images to help communicate with the assemblers. Thanks for the help on this.
Apr 11 2018
Thank you @caguilar, this good to know. I don't want to rule out the possibility of printing issues, however knowing this will help us look into how we on the floor are building/handling these parts more closely.
Apr 9 2018
The cracking of these parts has only started recently in the last couple weeks. It started with one or two and has crept up since. Last week we had found 9 which has been the most so far. It was first noticed at the calibration station using a flash light for inspection. Many of these have been hair line cracks that are very difficult to see by eye, but others have been very noticeable. I have left notes in the production pass down log for the weekend crew and have talked with those who build them on our end. In some cases these are cracking just by putting the 2 washers and bearings into the part without even tightening them down. Looking at the washers used for this build appears that not all washers are the same thickness and vary from about .05 to .27 mm difference. Though this is no surprise as I'm sure this has always been the case. I feel that it may point to the tolerances between the plastic part's mounting points has changed.