Report issues that can be corrected by OHAI kit
Jan 12 2018
Dec 27 2017
Dec 20 2017
@kent , this is prolly a manufacturing mistake. If you do not secure the cables behind the z-axis properly the cables will drag along the frame. This happens sometimes in gladiola so we made a jig to make sure the cables have clearance.
This was a problem with Gladiola at the start as well.
The solution, in addition to a modification made to the part to allow more space for the wires, was to specify the manner in which they are Zip-tied to the X-End Motor assembly.
In the above linked picture you can see the current configuration.
On hibiscus however I've found that 3 cables in the front top zip-tie and 2 in the lower front zip tie tends to lay flatter against the plastic part and gives plenty of clearance.
There is also a printed jig that lays over the left side for the assembler building the sub-assembly to check before it gets installed in a frame. I recommend reworking that to fit Hibiscus someday when we are done changing the printed parts.
Tagged OHAI-content, we can refer back to this when we get past alphas.
@logan blower shrouds are under kents desk
Dec 19 2017
@EricNugent Yes we have those now, but last time the Mini2's were reworked we didn't. No complaints towards cluster's end of things; not your fault. Thank you for your help in getting these parts.
As far as I am aware, parts have been delivered within a day or two of the request. There should be a bag in MER of the most recent slice the blower shroud for those who needed it.